Leaders in product compliance, innovation, sustainability and the prevention of youth access to vaping were among those honoured at this year’s UKVIA Industry Recognition Awards.
The annual event was hosted at the QEII Centre in London and saw parliamentarians, public health professionals, enforcement officials, vape manufacturers and more all celebrated for their contributions to the progress of the industry and to the ambition for a future without smoking.
There were 16 categories award categories this year, including Most Responsible Vaping Business, Outstanding Vaper Education Programme for Smokers and the Vaping Regulations Enforcement Award.
One of the highlights of the evening was Dr Colin Mendelsohn, Founding Chairman of the Australian Tobacco Harm Reduction Association, retired general practitioner of 30 years receiving the ‘Most Supportive Public Health Professional/Researcher Award’.
Also winning awards were Adam Afriyie MP, Vice-Chair of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Vaping, and Martin Cullip, International Fellow of the Taxpayers Protection Alliance’s Consumer Center, who won ‘Most Supportive Parliamentarian’ and ‘Outstanding Industry Service Award’ respectively.
John Dunne, Director General of the UKVIA, said: “Our annual industry recognition awards celebrate the individuals and organisations – both within and outside the industry – who have made outstanding contributions to the vaping sector.
“I hope this year’s winners continue to set a leading example and that the rest of the industry will be inspired to go even further to take our sector to new heights and show the policy makers and regulators that we are committed to the highest standards in helping the government achieve its smokefree generation.”
The full list of award categories and winners included:
- Best Non-Vaping Media Outlet Report – Daily Express
- Preventing Youth Access to Vaping Award – Lincolnshire County Council Trading Standards
- Sustainable Vaping Award – ANDS
- Best Marketing Campaign in the Industry – Riot E-Liquid
- The Commitment to Compliance Award – Chubby Gorilla
- International Vaping Award – ANDS
- Best New Product Brand Launch – Riot E-Liquid
- Best Employer in the Vaping Industry Award – Evapo
- Best Innovation in the Vaping Industry – FEELM 2.0
- The Vaping Regulations Enforcement Award – Phoenix 2 Retail
- Outstanding Vaper Education Programme for Smokers – VApril
- Most Responsible Vaping Business Award – SMOORE
- Most Supportive Public Health Professional/Researcher – Dr Colin Mendelsohn
- Most Supportive Parliamentarian – Adam Afriyie MP
- Outstanding Industry Service Award – Martin Cullip
- Best Vaping-Related Research Study – CEBR and UKVIA: Economic Impact Assessment of the Vaping Industry/Vape Club: Report on Illegal Vapes Entering UK
Ahead of the Industry Recognition Awards, Chris Kelly – Chief Executive of Headline Sponsor Phoenix 2 Retail – said: “More than ever, our industry needs to make a strong statement to the government and regulators by showcasing what it is doing to raise standards across the board.
“It’s good to see the awards this year recognising innovative solutions that address the big issues of youth vaping and the environmental impact of single-use vapes. Equally, it’s good that those who have been at the forefront of compliance have been held up for what they are doing in this crucial area.”
For more on the UKVIA Industry Recognition Awards and the UKVIA Forum – which took place on the same day – visit: UKVIA Forum 2023 – UKVIA