Press release: World Vapers’ Alliance Vape Bus takes off in Barcelona to save 19 million lives
Barcelona, 20.08.2021 – The World Vapers’ Alliance (WVA) iconic Vape Bus tour started this week in Barcelona sharing the message that 19 million lives can be saved in Europe if policymakers embrace pro-vaping policies in the fight against smoking.
Speaking about the European bus tour, Michael Landl, Director of the World Vapers’ Alliance said:
‘We started our journey in Barcelona today because smoking is still the leading cause of preventable diseases in Spain. If Spanish and EU politicians embrace vaping then 2.4 million lives can be saved in Spain, and 19 million in Europe. We want to make 2021, the year that the world embraces one of the greatest public health inventions of the century – vaping. To achieve this, it is vital that the voices of vapers are heard.’
Over the next year, EU policymakers will review the EU’s main legislation on tobacco, the Tobacco Products Directive (TPD). The approach these laws take to vaping will have a huge impact on public health for years to come, in Europe and around the world. The Vape Bus will gather the stories of vapers and ensure that those making policy decisions in Brussels are confronted with the evidence and the voices of vapers.
The Vape Bus will be in Barcelona today as well, where the World Vapers’ Alliance team will be meeting vapers and supporters. After Barcelona, the Vape Bus will continue its journey in major cities across Europe, including Milan, Munich, Berlin, London, Brussels, and Geneva, to encourage vapers and politicians to stand up and take action.
“We will take our message across Europe and hope that those taking decisions on the future of vaping will understand that 19 million of lives are put at risk if they do not take action. The best way we can beat smoking is to promote vaping as part of public health policies.” Michael Landl concluded.
Notes to editor:
- The World Vapers’ Alliance (WVA) amplifies the voice of vapers around the world and empowers them to make a difference for their communities. Our members are 23 vapers associations as well as over 14,000 individual vapers from all over the world. More information on www.worldvapersalliance.com
- More pictures can be found here.
- The Back Vaping. Beat Smoking campaign hub is available here.
- More information on the Vape Bus can be found here.
- The donation page for the tour can be found here.
- More detail on how 19 million lives can be saved is available here.
- The report assessing the proper application of the rules laid down in the Tobacco Products Directive 2014/40/EU (TPD) across the EU countries was published on 20 May 2021.
Director of the World Vapers’ Alliance
+43 664 8412957